August 1, 2013

Chronicles of an Addict - Chapter IV: The JE Boys Fever



JE Boys Fever: being infatuated with Johnny's Entertainment Artists on a very disturbing level




Narrator decided to take a break so here I am talking to myself...
I guess it's better when it comes to that subject.


First: What is exactly Johnny's Ent.?
It's simple, I think. Should be, at least.

JE is a Japanese music label. But it's not just a small label coming from God knows where.

No no no. It's the Japanese SMent, if not bigger. It has one particularity and not a little one, I might say: only boys can audition to enter the label.
Yup, you're reading this right: JUST boys.

So yeah, lots of pretty boys for girls, like me, to swoon over.

In here the word IDOL takes on its full meaning: Not only they're singing, but they're also acting, modeling, have their variety shows (i.e. VSArashi), appear on CF, some are even sports commentators (no kidding), have their radio shows, etc...
And there's even a music show that features Johnny's only (Shounen Club)


So yeah, basically like Kpop idols, but I think they're reaching a whole new level.

How does it work there? Because it's not just about entering the label and being trained for years. No, that would be way too easy of course. 11-13 year old kids enter the label as Johnny's  Jr. Now, how some debut in major while others don't? Answer is: POPULARITY. During their trainee years, back dancers units for major groups (KAT-TUN, NEWS, Arashi)with Jr. are constituted. You mostly see them during concerts where they're introduced by their sempais (senior). And if the public responds well to them,then they might debut. Also on some occasions temporary units are created to, for example, support Japan's women's volley ball team (Kitty Gym), or promote a drama (Shuji to Akira). Sometimes those units unexpectedly gain popularity so they might debut as well.


didn't debuted as a group

They also have to comply to very strict dating rules. Basically, better not get caught or else... They have to ask for permission to get married, and it's not sure that it'll be granted. Rumor has it that Johnny Gramps (Label president) authorizes only 1 marriage every once in while. I wouldn't be that surprised if it proves to be true

As you can see on the pic above, there is quite a few number of boys bands in there.

Now, how did that fever began?
Well, I first came acquainted, unknowingly, with Johnny's with Arashi's Ninomiya Kazunari and the movie Letters from Iwo Jima. Loved the movie, was curious about the guy,and discovered that he was in a boy band. Didn't look into that any further. Then a few years later, my drama addiction began. Watched Hana Yori Dango and was introduced to another Johnny's and member of Arashi: Matsumoto Jun. I was curious about the opening song of the drama: Wish. So I looked it up and I reacted in a very weird sort of way and thought, I'm so not gonna get into them... I mean, I had the impression of watching five santa claus dancing -_-

But then, those two and that song happened siigh

Shuji to Akira, one of those temporary unit I was talking about



At first, I was in total denial. I mean, for real. I was telling myself: meh, they're okay, not that good.
Yeah right, 2 weeks after,I was still watching  Kamenashi and Yamashita's dramas -_-

What got me out of that denial was Arashi ahaha.


From left to right: Aiba Masaki, Matsumoto Jun, Sakurai Sho, Ohno Satoshi and Ninomiya Kazunari

Not their music, though. Still don't like it to this day. Only got 3 of their songs. It was their variety shows: VS Arashi, Arashi ni Shiyagare & Himitsu no Arashi-chan. Oh god, they're so hilarious!! I love them!

With time and the help of dramas, I became more and more acquainted with Johnny's.
Became a huge fan of KAT-TUN, liked some NEWS songs and other songs from other groups here and there.

My Top 10 favorite Johnny's


1. Kamenashi Kazuya

My lovely turtle



2. Nishikido Ryo
Couldn't stand him before watching Orthros no Inu. Totally convinced me in Last Friends.

3. Aiba Masaki
Aibakaaaaa!! Really love him on Arashi's shows, and he's not a bad actor. 
Wouldn't say the best, though

4. Taguchi Junnosuke
2nd favorite member of KAT-TUN :D
Iriguchi Deguchi Taguchi desu!: favorite introduction phrase

5. Hideaki Takizawa
I think we should all thank him for giving Yamashita Tomohisa his nickname: Yamapi

6. Sakurai Sho
You really impressed me in Kazoku Game, like woah *-*
and you're also doing good in Arashi's variety shows :D

7. Tamamori Yuta
Tama-chan. Just cute, really ;3

8. Ikuta Toma
Reminds me that I should watch Bokura ga Ita ahaha

9. Yamashita Tomohisa
It's just Yamapi. I don't like him as much as I used to, but I'm still following him 

10. Koyama Keiichiro

One of the dorkiest Johnny's xD


As you can see, I really love them. Though, not really their music in itself. I like them more as entertainers and actors :D 

One of the funniest video I've ever watched featuring Johnny's


And here ends this long post. I think it shows how much I love those boys hehe
Hope so, at least

5 comments:

  1. I never knew much of J/entertainment altho i read here and there about it.. but no single slightest idea what and who they are... now u finally open my eyes w/c been covered for my entire half of my entertaining life w/c is secret *evil grin*.. but ya theres only 2 eye candy that i like.*Ikuta Toma, Nishikido Ryo...no i think 3 oh nah 4 lets just add him ur turtle coz i like him & Yamapi on nobuta wo produce...as u say only guys/male subject can join... hmm so if we pretend boys do u think they will accept us lol...lets the eye candies rolls begins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's hard to choose, right? xD
      Why do you think I made a top 10 and not a top 5 or 3? ahaha

      Delete
  2. Why does Yamapi have to be so cute. He's not even my favorite.. but he's soooooooooooo adorable! OMG! it's unreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwahahaha see what I'm going through everyday xD
      You should see the pics in his 1st album *-*
      http://postfiles15.naver.net/20110225_78/obvious89_1298609936555Ko8hC_JPEG/Cover.jpg?type=w1

      Delete
  3. I'm sick with JE boys fever too!! XD
    though I'm much more with KAT-TUN and NEWS XD
    (I heard that only one in every group can marry, and they have to ask for permission, and over that all they have to be over 30 years old to get married though)
    My ultimate bias is Kame too!! *highfives*

    ReplyDelete